News from around the League - 2019/20
- So far there's not much news.
The AGM has obviously been cancelled and the committee are considering how to proceed. It is likely that we will play the remaining matches for the season during September/October and the new season will not start until November. More details as they become available.
- The Presentation evening has been postponed.
- We haven’t forgotten about badminton and the current postponement of the League due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
It is the Committee’s intention to finish the 2019/20 season when we are able to - even if this is towards the start of the new season. As soon as we know more, we can be more definite with a time scale and advise clubs/teams accordingly.
- The League and all tournaments are suspended until further notice as a result of Government guidelines during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- The Veterans tournament has been cancelled.
- The Junior tournaments have been rescheduled for 21st March at Redlands.
- The WDBL has launched a Facebook page to complement the existing website. The website will remain as the source of information for the WDBL including fixtures, while the facebook page will be used to advertise forthcoming events and tournaments. There is a link in the top right corner of every page.
- The PartnerSwap tournament has been postponed due to an issue with the booking.
- The Handicap tournaments were held over the weekend and were very successful with a good entry. Congratulations to those who won - we'll see you at the presentation evening in May.
- Many thanks to everyone who turned out.
- The Veterans tournament has been cancelled due to lack of entries. We may try to rearrange for later in the season.
- The Junior tournament will be held in Yeovil this season rather than Weymouth. It is planned for Sunday 19th January commencing at 10am. It is being held immediately prior to the Partner Swap tournament which will commence at 2pm.
- Due to changes in opening hours at Redlands the Veterans tournament will now be held in the afternoon rather than the evening. The date and venue remain unchanged.